Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Wurdey?
Wurdey is a managed WordPress maintenance platform which automates WordPress updates, security, backups, performance optimization and more.
- Where can I download the Wurdey Plugin?
You can find the plugin in the WordPress plugin directory by searching for “Wurdey” or download it from the following URL: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wurdey
- Can I use Wurdey with my existing web host?
Absolutely, with the exception of Wurdey’s proprietary web hosting server configuration and security hardening, all of the Wurdey services will work with most web hosts.
- What does fully managed mean?
Wurdey takes care of all website maintenance and administration for you, at all hours of the day and night. Our staff pro-actively fixes problems before you even know they’ve happened, and we’re always three steps ahead on security to keep your data safe.
- What if there is a plugin I do not want updated?
Please contact our support staff and we will gladly disable the updates of any plugin you request.
- What happens if my website breaks?
If for some reason your website breaks due to an update or maintenance procedure performed by Wurdey, we will attempt to resolve the issue within 30 minutes. If it is estimated that the issue will take longer than 30 minutes to fix, we will contact you with a cost to repair and approval to bill your credit card accordingly. We can also revert to a previous backup when the site was working.
- Why should I use Wurdey? I can do updates on my own.
Wurdey is the only 100% fully managed WordPress Maintenance & Security solution that takes care of everything, all you have to do is worry about running your business. For a person to perform all of the maintenance tasks Wurdey performs daily, it would take a considerable amount of time and if paying a developer would cost a fortune. There is no aspect of website hosting and maintenance that we do not have covered. We also include hosted Microsoft Exchange Email and Symantec Endpoint Virus & Spam Protection for your desktop or laptop PC with our subscriptions.
- Do you make changes or update content on WordPress websites?
We do not make any content changes, additions or subtractions to WordPress websites, however we have plenty of partners we work with and are happy to point you towards the best developer for your needs. Contact us today and let us know what you are trying to accomplish.
- How do I configure my hosted exchange email accounts?
If your email has not already been ported over to our hosted exchange solution, please contact a Wurdey support staff member to begin the transition. If your email has already been ported to our servers, you can find email client configuration instructions here.
- How do I add another email address to my account?
Please contact a Wurdey support staff member and we can add additional email addresses to your account for use.
- I got locked out of my WordPress admin area for too many wrong password attempts, how do I get back in?
Our firewalls are very strong to protect your website from attack. If you find yourself locked out, please contact a Wurdey support staff member and we will assist in removing you from the blacklist on your website.
- How do I get access to the Symantec Endpoint Protection licenses that are part of my subscription?
Once you have subscribed to a Wurdey plan, please submit a support ticket requesting that your licenses be provisioned. You will then receive an email invitation to install Symantec Endpoint Protection on your computer.
- What happens if I install Symantec Endpoint Protection on more computers than I have been assigned licenses for with my subscription?
You will be charged $8/mo per additional computer that Symantec Endpoint Protection is installed on outside of the licensed number included with your subscription.
- I am having issues installing Symantec Endpoint Protection, what should I do?
To Install Symantec Endpoint Protection, you must make sure all other Antivirus software has been completely uninstalled and that your computer has been freshly restarted prior to beginning the installation. If you continue to have trouble, please contact Wurdey support.
- I am a WordPress developer, why should I use Wurdy?
As a WordPress developer, you know the importance of keeping WP sites up to date, secure, backed up and free of junk. Not only do we take care of all the tedious work that you never get paid by your customers to perform, we will pay you a hefty monthly residual commission to refer your customers to Wurdey. Why you may ask? Because we were once WordPress developers too and we learned way to fast that there was no money and lots of time wasted on these services.
- I have the plugin installed but my site is not updating automatically?
Did you purchase a subscription to Wurdey? If so please contact us via a support ticket or live chat and we will get you operational.
- How can I access the affiliate portal or join your affiliate program?
You can login to the affiliate portal at: Affiliate Login or you may signup to become an affiliate at: Affiliate Signup